Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SGT Slide 8th bat rescue

  Mom came downstairs to my room and said someone wanted to talk to me about something. I thought it had something to do with Future Soldier people. I was trying to figure out why someone wanted to talk to me about that. When I got on the phone it was my Dad. He told me someone had to tell me something and then he gave the phone. I found out that someone found a bat on Fort McCoy.
            They called my Dad and he told them that they need to get the bat in a box and then my Dad said he would come and get it. The bat was found on a slide of a door in a storage area. I had the person who found the bat pick a name. Because she was on Fort McCoy she was an Army bat and it had to start with SGT. then with her being on a slide of a door we named her SGT Slide.
            When I got off the phone I got dressed because Dad said we should come pick her up. When we got to Fort McCoy where dad was, Dad gave me the box with the bat in it. I slowly opened the box to see her. Dad told me he had done that a few times and said she stayed put so it was fine. After talking with Dad for a while we started to leave. But before we got too far we parked the van and moved that bat from the box to the cage we had. Then we went home.
            That night we released her in a mystery spot. We used the van lights to see her fly away. It was a little scary because I went to open the cage and I didn’t see that one of her feet was holding the top of the cage. So I opened it and she chattered. I said sorry and carefully moved her foot and opened the cage. It was about 10 minutes and she flew. I was so excited I screamed yeah and she almost flew into mom, who was video taping it. Yeah, another successful release.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment