Monday, April 11, 2011

Opal 10th Bat Rescue

On March 26, 2011 I was just chilling with my little sister and a foster kid downstairs in our basement. We were watching a movie. I had my phone on vibrate so I could tell if someone texted me. At 6:49pm my phone vibrated, when I looked at it I was really shocked. My mentor was calling me. This was weird because he usually never calls, I usually call him.

Anyways he asked me if I would like to go rescue a bat for him. I got really excited and told him I would. We got all the information we needed and then the real fun came, finding the house and not telling the foster kid where we were going or what we were picking up.

We had so much fun trying to find the house we got lost 2 or 3 times. We asked someone where we could find it, they sent us in the opposite direction. We finally just called the person who lived where we were going and had her tell us the directions until we got there.

On the way home from getting the bat I though I heard him moving around so I called the girls and told them he was okay. We kept talking about the bat but instead of saying bat we said your visitor and the shoes. That was only because she gave him to us in a shoe box.

When we got home I brought the bat into a different room and closed the door so I could see if the bat was okay. We found he had died. So I closed the box and taped it shut and put him in the closet for now. I didn't want the foster kid to see him. Then I called my mentor and told him that we got the bat but he died. We talked some more about it and then he asked if he could call again if something like this came up again. I told him that he could.

The next day I brought the box to the garage because he needed to be burned and buried. So that is where I put him for now. I opened the box to get a picture of him, there was a horrible smell. I got the picture and closed the box.

I am not sure if my Dad burned and buried him while I was at school. Hopefully he will let me know what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment